Bike to Work Day Sneak Peak: Three Reasons Every Arlington Pit Stop is the Best Pit Stop
Arlington has EIGHT different pit stops to celebrate Bike to Work Day on Friday, May 19th. We've got the top three reasons you should check out each stop. Lee este blog en español.
Biking to work is always pretty fun, and it’s EXTRA fun on Friday, May 19. Because that’s the biggest bike party of the year—Bike to Work Day. All pit stops have free t-shirts (gotta register though!), light breakfast fare, delicious coffee, music and instant-win giveaways.
If you’re still on the fence about giving it a try, we have three words for you: Treat Yo Self. Come snack on all sorts of goodies from lots of local businesses and high-five our awesome volunteers. If you need more than that, we created an insider guide, with the top three reasons to visit each Arlington pit stop.
- Drugs and Tacos—Allegra will relieve your seasonal allergies and District Taco has you covered with breakfast tacos!
- The Rosslyn BID coming out in a big way with extra special giveaways, Jamba Juice AND a photo booth.
- The Best Bike Community around—with WABA, Kasper’s Cargo, Potomac Pedalers, Friends of the W&OD Trail and the Armed Forces Cycling Classic all on hand to share all the great spring and summer happenings. PLUS bike tune-ups from Trek Bicycles Clarendon and Contes Bike Shop.
- This stop is huge, and there are way more than three highlights: Commonwealth Joe will have their cold brew trike! You can even register to vote!
- The Juice is Loose in Ballston (OJ references, so hot right now)—with Naked Juice and sweetgreen keeping you hydrated and refreshed.
- Treats and treatments from excellent local businesses—tune-ups from, samples from Nando’s Peri Peri and mini acupuncture and cupping treatments from talented Beth Burke Farrar.
- A UNICYCLIST.
- THE Sugar Stop—because the point of riding bikes is eating whatever you want, and Sugar Shack and Acme Pie have got you covered!
- Papillon Cycles featuring bike tune-ups and YUKI THE SHOP DOG.
- Healthy level-ups with CycleBar and Senzu Juicery, and even more neighborhood support from the Columbia Pike Revitalization Organization, Penrose Square and E.G. Reinsch residential properties.
- HANDS DOWN BEST CHEERING SQUAD thanks to Phoenix Bikes, who are also on deck to help with bike checks.
- Delectable baked goods from Best Buns Bread Company! Monkeybread! It’s a real (delicious) thing!
- Stretch it out with the wonderful folks from Eat. Yoga. Drink. And look for more special surprise guests! Think live art, smoothie bikes and more!
- They do something EVERY DAY this week! Heck yes, Crystal City BID!
- Attend everyday for a super sweet Crystal City BID jersey.
- Stop by for other surprises, too. These folks go all out!
East Falls Church
- WMATA is only running ONE pit stop this year, and this is it. They love you, East Falls Church peeps!
- BIKES AND TRAINS ARE GREAT.
- If you register your bike with them, they’ll get you a nifty U-lock for free.
New District Brewing
- Mid Atlantic Off Road Enthusiasts (MORE) on hand to help you find a new trail and share PURPLE pint glasses to match your sweet new t-shirt (for the first 150 folks).
- New District brews on special WITH Basic Burger Food Truck and Kind Snacks on-hand for the perfect food and snack complement for your celebratory beverage.
- Great community partners and local businesses, like Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment helping us level up on being good humans and Grip Bags, showing off some neat made in DC swag.
Heavy Seas Alehouse
- Bike Valet, supported by volunteers with special beverage-related perks! They still need a few volunteers—so shoot us an email to hear about a volunteer-time for malted beverages scheme.
- Fantastic specials on Heavy Seas‘ bold and assertive food and drinks. They even have beer cocktails! You’re just going to have to go and find out exactly what that means.
- Nifty giveaways for attendees over the evening!