Join the Bike Social Scene: Group Rides
Shake up your spring routine by going on a group bike ride.
Riding a bike by yourself, wind in your hair, smile on your face is a great thing. And doing it with other people can be downright delightful. If you’re unable to convince any of your friends to join you, perhaps a group ride can fill that void. (And help you meet more bike-y friends.) Luckily, Arlington and the greater region have an abundance of organized rides to fit every kind of rider.
Choose Your Ride Style
Find a sentiment that resonates with you, pump up those tires, and go for a ride.
If I’m being honest, I mainly bike for snacks and exploration:
- BikeArlington Community Rides
- Papillon Cycles Casual Rides
- Shirlington Lunch Rides
- Bicycle Space Group Rides
I enjoy being in adorable parades/have kids/dig, short slow rides:
I have the need for speed. And fitness. And stretchy pants:
- Tuesday Night Ride with Spokes, Etc.
- Thursday Night Ride with Arlington Conte’s Bike
- Sunday Ride with Trek Bicycles Clarendon
I like all those things but am into biking within specific demographics:
I like splashy, fun, well-organized, one day events:
- While wearing my fanciest outfit: Dandies and Quaintrelles
- With the region’s biggest advocacy group: WABA
- With NO CARS and lots of other bikes: DC Bike Ride
- That happen before work: Bike to Work Day
I enjoy biking only when another person is attached to my bike:
I like to test my endurance by riding long distances, but in a somewhat casual and organized fashion:
- DC Randonneurs – Sponsors endurance bicycling events in the greater Washington, D.C. area.
I am over all the awesome riding in the immediate area/don’t live in the immediate area:
- Annapolis Bicycle Club – Annapolis and Eastern Shore
- Baltimore Bicycle Club – Baltimore, MD
- Oxon Hill Bicycle and Trail Club – Prince George County and Southern Maryland
- Reston Bicycle Club – Reston, Virginia
- VeloDCity – Washington, D.C. metro area
- Winchester Wheelmen– Winchester, Virginia
That’s not enough options. I need more: