Bike to Transit or Bike on Transit
Bicycling can be a great way to travel between your starting point and the nearest transit stop, and from the transit stop to your destination on the other end. You can park your bike at a Metro station, commuter rail station, or bus stop and take bus or rail. Or take your bike with you on Metrorail (there are some restrictions), Metrobus, ART, and most other local bus systems. MARC and VRE commuter rail systems have bike parking at stations and allow folding bikes on board. VRE also allows full-size bikes on some trains and cars.
Check out the links below for more information.
- Arlington Transit - ART Bike on ART page
- MARC general information (click Frequently Asked Questions, in the center column, for bike policy)
- Metro's Bike'n'Ride program
- VRE's Bicycle Policy page
- WABA's Bikes on Transit page