Arlington Bikeshare Transit Development Plan (TDP)
For information about Arlington County's comprehensive Transit Development Plan, visit the Arlington TDP page.
Bikeshare TDP Updates and Progress Reports
These updates summarize Arlington County’s progress in implementing the recommendations of the TDP, provide a financial projection based on the system’s financial performance to-date, outline anticipated capital needs, and identifies future system improvements.
- Arlington County Capital Bikeshare FY2016 TDP Update and Progress Report (PDF, 3.2 MB, Adobe Reader required.)
- Arlington County Capital Bikeshare FY2015 TDP Update and Progress Report (PDF, 1.1 MB, Adobe Reader required.)
2012 Bikeshare TDP
In 2012 Arlington County completed a Transit Development Plan (TDP) for its portion of Capital Bikeshare. The Arlington County Capital Bikeshare TDP is the first of its kind and includes a comprehensive review of the existing Capital Bikeshare system and plans for Capital Bikeshare service expansion through 2018 and beyond.
Final versions of all TDP chapters are available for download in Portable Document Format (PDF). Adobe Reader is required to view and print PDF files.
- Executive Summary (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Full Transit Development Plan (PDF, 8 MB)
- Chapter 1: State of the Practice Review (PDF, 1 MB)
- Chapter 2: System Overview (PDF, 4.4 MB)
- Chapter 3: Goals, Objectives, and Performance Measures (PDF, 897 KB)
- Chapter 4: System and Service Evaluation (PDF, 2.7 MB)
- Chapter 5: Service Continuation and Expansion (PDF, 12.2 MB)
- Chapter 6: Operations Plan (PDF, 1 MB)
- Chapter 7: Capital Improvement Plan (PDF, 1.8 MB)
- Chapter 8: Financial Plan (PDF, 1.9 MB)
- Appendix (PDF, 5 MB)
- Arlington County Capital Bikeshare Transit Development Plan Presentation, full - 60 slides (PDF, 3.4 MB)
- Arlington County Capital Bikeshare Transit Development Plan Presentation, short version - 34 slides (PDF, 2.4 MB)
- Arlington Capital Bikeshare TDP Map Gallery
The contents of the Capital Bikeshare TDP were adapted from the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation’s Transit Development Plan guidelines. One of the primary purposes of completing a TDP is to enable the agency to project capital and operating costs for the six-year period to support adequate budgeting and the identification of any unmet funding needs. TDPs allow agencies to systematically plan for service expansion and improvements in a strategic and fiscally realistic fashion. TDPs establish objectives and measures of effectiveness to track system performance both in the short- and long-term periods. All transit agencies in Virginia are required to complete a TDP every six years. More information about Arlington County's comprehensive Transit Development Plan.
Any questions regarding the Arlington Capital Bikeshare TDP should be directed to: Henry Dunbar, BikeArlington Program Manager, Henry.Dunbar@bikearlington.com
The Capital Bikeshare TDP embraces the philosophy of Arlington's PLACE initiative. "Expanding the ways in which our residents engage with each other and our government to enrich Arlington."