Maps & Rides
Arlington County Bicycle Comfort Level Map
Released August, 2015. It should be easy, intuitive, comfortable and most importantly, safe, to get around Arlington by bike for all residents from age 8 to age 88. While many people already ride their bicycles in bike lanes or on roads with motor vehicles, not everyone is comfortable doing so. This map highlights the most stress-free routes to get around Arlington. There are often alternatives to busy routes on low-volume, low-speed neighborhood streets and paths that will get you where you want to go.
To obtain a printed copy of the Bike Comfort Level Map, request one through our free online order service, stop by one of the four Arlington locations of The Commuter Store, or call 703-228-RIDE (7433). TDD users call 711. The map is available in Portable Document Format (PDF) below. Adobe Reader is required to open PDF files.
- Arlington County Bicycle Comfort Level Map, front (PDF, 2.3 MB) Arlington street map showing roads and trails rated by level of riding comfort rather than facility.
- Arlington County Bicycle Comfort Level Map, back (PDF, 2.6 MB) How to use the map, Rosslyn-Ballston detail map, and more information.
Arlington County Bike Map
Updated June, 2016. Whether you are looking for a relaxing ride, commuting route to work, or just out doing errands, the user-friendly Arlington Bike Map will introduce you to the County's bicycle network of trails, bike lanes, and bike routes.
To obtain a printed copy of the Bike Map, request one through our free online order service, stop by one of the four Arlington locations of The Commuter Store, or call 703-228-RIDE (7433). TDD users call 711. The map is available in Portable Document Format (PDF) below. Adobe Reader is required to open PDF files.
- Arlington Bike Map (PDF, 2.5 MB) Arlington street map showing off-street trails, bike lanes and sharrows, on-street bicycle routes, Capital Bikeshare stations and more.
- Arlington Bike Map, back (PDF, 2.7 MB) Bicycle safety and security information, sharing the road and trails information, Capital Bikeshare and Bicycle Friendly Business program information, contact information and more.
Arlington Loop Infographic Map
In Arlington, there are miles and miles of off-street trails that make getting to where you need to go by bike incredibly easy. There are 4 trails in particular that create a sort of loop around the center of Arlington. This "Arlington Loop" connects you to almost every amenity in Arlington you can think of. Click the thumbnail image below to enlarge.
Arlington's Car-Free Diet Map
Schematic map of Arlington showing bus routes, bike routes, bicycle/pedestrian trails, Metro stations, Capital Bikeshare stations, and more. PDF, 5.8 MB, Adobe Reader required. Click the link or thumbnail image below.
Arlington's Car-Free Diet Map (PDF, 5.2 MB)
Car-Free Near Me™
Car-Free Near Me™ is a web app that provides car-free transportation options for any location in the Washington, D.C. area. The app maps and lists bus and rail stops, Capital Bikeshare stations, and Zipcar locations, and inculdes real-time information for bus, rail, and Capital Bikeshare. For locations in Arlington, Car-Free Near Me maps off-street trails, bike lanes, and sharrows.
Other Bike Maps & Trip Planners for Arlington and Greater Washington D.C.
#BikeDC Regional Bike Map"
Created by local transportation wonk, Chris Slatt, the #BikeDC Regional Bike Map combines open GIS data on bike infrastructure from jurisdictions across the region and displays it all on one easy to read map with a consistent color scheme. It will also generate cycling-specific directions, taking into account the presence or absence of infrastructure as well as hills.
Bike Maps from Around the Region
- Arlington Bike Routes for Google Earth – Download .kmz file
- Arlington County GIS Map - Layered, interactive map.
- Bicycling in Virginia, State Bicycling Map
- Alexandria, VA Bikeways Network page
- Fairfax County Bicycle Map page
- Montgomery County Interactive Bikeway Map
- Washington, DC's goDCgo Bicycling in Washington, DC page
- Washington Area Bicyclist Association (WABA) Maps and Documents page
- BikeWashington.org Washington, D.C. Multi-Use Trails page
Online Trip Planning Tools
- Google Maps Bicycle Routing – Interactive bike route mapping (Improve Google Map data here)
- Hop Stop – Interactive bike route mapping
- Ride The City – Interactive bike route mapping
- WashCycle.com Washington, D.C. area interactive bike map
- Bikely – Search bike routes submitted by other cyclists
- moovel - Free mobile app providing real time transportation information
- CarFreeNearMe - Web app displaying transportation options
Request Printed Maps for Other Jurisdictions