Maps & Rides
New to Biking? We're here to help!
Has it been years since you’ve ridden a bike? If the answer is yes, then you’ve come to the right place! Even if it hasn’t been years since you’ve ridden, sometimes it’s good to refresh your memory. And we can help--click here learn the four EASY steps to get you out on the trail or road and feeling the wind through your hair!
Arlington County Bike Map
Updated January, 2014. Whether you are looking for a relaxing ride, commuting route to work, or just out doing errands, the user-friendly Arlington Bike Map will introduce you to the County's bicycle network of trails, bike lanes, and bike routes.
To obtain a printed copy of the Bike Map, request one through our free online order service, stop by one of the four Arlington locations of The Commuter Store, or call 703-228-RIDE (7433). TDD users call 711. The map is available in Portable Document Format (PDF) below. Adobe Reader is required to open PDF files.
- Arlington Bike Map, front (PDF, 2 MB): Arlington street map showing off-street trails, bike lanes and sharrows, on-street bicycle routes, Capital Bikeshare stations and more.
- Arlington Bike Map, back (PDF, 2 MB): Bicycle safety and security information, sharing the road and trails information, Capital Bikeshare and Bicycle Friendly Business program information, contact information and more.
Arlington Loop Infographic Map
In Arlington, there are miles and miles of off-street trails that make getting to where you need to go by bike incredibly easy. There are 4 trails in particular that create a sort of loop around the center of Arlington. This "Arlington Loop" connects you to almost every amenity in Arlington you can think of. Click the thumbnail image below to enlarge.
Other Bike Maps & Trip Planners for Arlington and the Washington D.C. Area
Bike Maps from Around the Region
- Arlington Bike Routes for Google Earth – Download .kmz file
- Arlington County GIS Map - Layered, interactive map.
- Bicycling in Virginia, State Bicycling Map
- Alexandria, VA Bikeways Network page
- Fairfax County Bicycle Map page
- Montgomery County Interactive Bikeway Map
- Washington, DC's goDCgo Bicycling in Washington, DC page
- Washington Area Bicyclist Association (WABA) Maps and Documents page
- BikeWashington.org Washington, D.C. Multi-Use Trails page
Online Trip Planning Tools
- Google Maps Bicycle Routing – Interactive bike route mapping (Improve Google Map data here)
- Hop Stop – Interactive bike route mapping
- Ride The City – Interactive bike route mapping
- WashCycle.com Washington, D.C. area interactive bike map
- Bikely – Search bike routes submitted by other cyclists
- RideScout - Free mobile app providing real time transportation information
- CarFreeNearMe - Web app displaying transportation options
Request Printed Maps for Other Jurisdictions