Maps & Rides
Arlington County Bike Map
Updated January, 2013. Whether you are looking for a relaxing ride, commuting route to work, or just out doing errands, the user-friendly Arlington Bike Map will introduce you to the County's bicycle network of trails, bike lanes, and bike routes.
To obtain a printed copy of the Bike Map, request one through our free online order service, stop by one of the four Arlington locations of The Commuter Store, or call 703-228-RIDE (7433). TDD users call 711. The map is available in Portable Document Format (PDF) below. Adobe Reader is required to open PDF files.
- Arlington Bike Map, front (PDF, 2.1 MB): Arlington street map showing off-street trails, bike lanes and sharrows, on-street bicycle routes, Capital Bikeshare stations and more.
- Arlington Bike Map, back (PDF, 2.8 MB): Bicycle safety and security information, sharing the road and trails information, Capital Bikeshare and Bicycle Friendly Business program information, contact information and more.
Arlington Loop Infographic Map
In Arlington, there are miles and miles of off-street trails that make getting to where you need to go by bike incredibly easy. There are 4 trails in particular that create a sort of loop around the center of Arlington. This "Arlington Loop" connects you to almost every amenity in Arlington you can think of. Click the thumbnail image below to enlarge.
Point-to-Point Bike Routing for the Region
BikePlanner.org is a bike routing website from OpenPlans that uses the impressive crowdsourced OpenStreetMap. You can instantly set your personal preferences for “fastest”, “safest”, or “flattest” route using the handy triangle selector and can also choose personal bike or bikeshare. BikePlanner is free and easy to use on your computer, tablet or smartphone. Everyone is encouraged to try BikePlanner.Org and see what routing you get for your trips. If you find a routing that is less than optimal, don’t despair, log into www.openstreetmap.org and investigate the problem area to see if you can correct the base map so that it provides improved routing. For a tutorial on improving general map data, click here. For a tutorial on improving trail data, click here.
Other Bike Maps & Trip Planners for Arlington and the Washington D.C. Area
- Arlington Bike Routes for Google Earth – Download .kmz file
- Arlington County GIS Map - Layered, interactive map.
- Bicycling in Virginia, State Bicycling Map
- Alexandria, VA Bikeways Network page
- Fairfax County Bicycle Route Map page
- Montgomery County Interactive Bikeway Map
- Washington, DC's goDCgo Bicycling in Washington, DC page
- Washington Area Bicyclist Association (WABA) Maps page
- BikeWashington.org Washington, D.C. Multi-Use Trails page
- Clif 2 Mile Challenge Map – Visualize what's within two miles of you. You can bike that!
- Google Maps Bicycle Routing – Interactive bike route mapping (Improve Google Map data here)
- Hop Stop – Interactive bike route mapping
- Ride The City – Interactive bike route mapping
- WashCycle.com Washington, D.C. area interactive bike map
- Bikely – Search bike routes submitted by other cyclists
Request Printed Maps for Other Jurisdictions