Group Rides & Clubs
SEASONAL Bike Shop Rides
Freshbikes, Revolution Cycles, and Tri360 are local bike shops that offer group rides of various paces. These group rides vary in mileage and distance to appeal to cyclists of different levels of experience. Check out their respective websites for more information.
Fitness Group Rides
Visit DCPaceline for a listing of organized group rides in the Greater Washington DC Area.
Lunch in Shirlington Ride (Year Round)
The “Lunch in Shirlington” ride meets year-round on Sundays at 9:45am (for a 10AM departure) on the brick plaza in front of the Shirlington Library / Signature Theater at 4200 Campbell Ave, Arlington 22206, for a 16 mile loop on the bike trails of Arlington (the Arlington Loop: traveling first on a portion of the W&OD Trail, then the Custis Trail, the Mount Vernon Trail, and the Four Mile Run Trail). The 3-4 miles on the Custis Trail are hilly; the rest of the ride is pretty flat (average speed on ride is about 10-12 miles per hour; cue sheet available).
This is a friendly, social ride; new people are welcome and will soon be part of the regular group. Lunch after the ride is at one of the many restaurants in Shirlington (free parking in garages and lots). Bring a helmet, water, bike lock, money for lunch, and a bicycle in good repair with properly inflated tires. If raining or icy, temperatures below 40 degrees, or wind greater than 15 miles per hour, the ride will be cancelled. Email the rider leader, Ron Trueworthy for more information or for last minute cancellation news.
Dates: As Scheduled
Arlington Fun Ride - Family friendly Arlington based ride
Dandies & Quaintrelles - Tweed Ride, Seersucker Social, etc.
WABA (Washington Area Bicyclist Association) Events - VASA Ride, 50 States and 13 Colonies Ride, etc.
Social & Touring Clubs
- Annapolis Bicycle Club - Annapolis and Eastern Shore
- Babes on Bikes - Northern Virginia, Washington, D.C. and Maryland
- Baltimore Bicycle Club - Baltimore, MD
- Bike and Brunch - Washington, D.C. and Baltimore metro areas
- DC Randonneurs - Sponsors endurance bicycling events in the greater Washington, D.C. area.
- Oxon Hill Bicycle and Trail Club - Prince George County and Southern Maryland
- Potomac Pedalers - Washington, D.C. metro area
- Reston Bicycle Club - Reston, Virginia
- VeloDCity - Washington, D.C. metro area
- Winchester Wheelmen - Winchester, Virginia
- Washington Area Bicyclists In Tandem Society - Washington, D.C. metro area tandem bike club